Pages

Recent Posts

Thursday, July 21, 2011

The Day After Tomorrow

Rather than talk about the things I inevitably failed to accomplish today (packing.. it was a pipe dream), I'd like to highlight some fun progress I've made:

1) My first success was in booking roundtrip air to Bristol, UK to spend my first free weekend of the Travel Study program in England. Turns out having au pairs all your childhood comes in handy when you're looking for cheap housing arrangements abroad. The woman who used to change my diapers is now my London tour guide 20 years later. Who would've guessed?

2) I've researched and pinpointed on my map of Rome just about every gelato place in the city. No matter where we are, I can have us with tiny clear plastic spoons in our mouths within 30 seconds flat. As I see it, it's the only way to truly be prepared to deal with the 90 degree heat. I've also got the low-down on the best restaurants and cafes in town. Thanks tripadvisor and random lady blogging about Italy's dining scene. Now all we have to do is get used to the whole eating dinner at 9pm thing... A major adjustment from the 5pm nursing home mealtime at the ADPi house.

3) It just occurred to me today to research what women wear in Europe so I could do my best to blend. (See, I was trying to pack.) Turns out they aren't wearing cutoff jean shorts and Rainbows. So, my latest struggle has been locating all the neutral skirts/dresses I can find in my wardrobe, which would've been a needle in a haystack pre-sorawrity life. Not to mention a brief J.Crew obsession in high school will be saving my butt as well. Also in the process of learning the distinction between fashion scarves and winter scarves...

Despite this minor wardrobe malfunction, everything is starting to come together. Could it be possible that I remember everything I need to bring and finish packing.. wait for it.. early??

No, definitely not.

0 comments:

Post a Comment