Pages

Recent Posts

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

T-3 Days

Packing or planning are the only two things I should be doing now, so naturally I've selected this as the perfect moment to create my blog. Putting the "pro" in procrastinate, per usual. Bob's in the back office highlighting the crap out of a map of Paris while I'm wallpapering the Rome guidebook with personalized post-it notes. That's a lot of P's.

My father and I have one week together and two cities to explore, so we decided to divide and conquer. I am responsible for Italy, he for France. May the best plan win. I have creativity and two prearranged tours on my side, but he's armed with previous experience abroad, 50-year-old wisdom, and four editions of Frommer's books. This should be interesting. Won't tell you what we're up to just yet, all will be revealed as I blog along. 

Tomorrow is taking care of business day: doing several loads of laundry, acquiring Euros, purchasing a low-wattage hair straightener that won't blow a European fuse--things of that nature--culminating (hopefully) in a first attempt at filling one reasonably sized suitcase with five weeks worth of my life. Wish me luck. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment